Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Thursday and week 2 is almost over!!

I only woke up at 5:30 yesterday, and was out front pruning roses by 6:30. Kristy came over and we dyed my hair. I figure it's a good time to experiment, just in case it all falls out. It's quite a bit darker than I'm used to, but all of the greys are gone. How fun!

The weather here has been well into the 100s for a few days now. The air is full of smoke from all the fires burning around California and the sunlight is coming through a little bit pinkish. I'm really looking forward to the weekend and being able to get into the pool again. Wading just doesn't quite get it for me and I can't get my chemo port wet.

I've been quite a bit more tired Wednesday and Thursday than I was before. The radiation therapists say it's because of the radiation. I'm still walking to the radiation appointments, but I've noticed my pace has slowed down. I've also been a bit irritable. It's that darned chemo pump that I have to carry with me everywhere I go. The IV line keeps getting caught on cabinet door handles and anything else you could possibly think of.

Today I noticed that the inside of my mouth has started peeling a little bit too. They told me that would be one of the possible side effects of the chemotherapy. It's probably about time to start watching my diet a little better so that I don't eat things that will really irritate my mouth. So far my appetite has been great and I haven't really been nauseous. Just an occasional slightly upset stomach.

Yesterday was the day that my blood levels were supposed to reach their nadir. It was the 10th day of treatment. Last Sunday when they checked my blood levels, only my platelets, hemoglobin, and hematocrit had begun to drop, but all were still within normal limits. I'll be going in for more blood work this Sunday and it will be interesting to see what my lab values are then.

I've saved lots of easy things to do for this part of the week when I have less energy so I think I'm going to start working on that stuff now. I have to study for my CPR re-certification, and then I think I'll make a few scrapbook pages. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! i guess i need to some out there again soon so i can keep you unhooked from everything..... trying to get a load that way is not working out so well. asked for a cali load got a load to sc. go figure. next time ill ask for a sc load.

sorry you irritable....heres a little hug for you. :) and a smile. miss ya lots. talk to ya soon. LYMY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know you have been in my thoughts and prayers. As a fellow non-traditional student who also loves to take photos I feel a kinship even though we have never met.

Your wonderful outlook during all of this is inspiring and amazing.

Wishing you all the best!

Patti