Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Friday and I'm free.....

...of the chemo pump that is, at least until Monday. It's been a much better day for me. Not nearly as irritable. The weather has cooled down and the wind is picking up and carrying away some of that awful smoke. I've also had more energy again today.

I took the really long route walking to my radiation appointment this morning. Then on the way home, I walked past a garage sale raising money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I got home and decided to start my own Relay for Life team. Relay for Life is one way that the American Cancer Society raises money to fight back against cancer. My friend Doug and I have decided to form a team and would love to have people join the team. If you can't join the team, but would like to make a donation to the team, “Debi’s Friends”, then you can use this link for donations: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeCaliforniaDivision?team_id=325049&pg=team&fr_id=4390

After being released from the pump, I went to the gym to work out on the treadmill for a bit. Even though I have more energy than I had over the past 2 days, I really can tell the difference that the treatments are taking on my body. I wasn't able to walk as long or as fast as I could just a couple weeks ago. Once I got home, I had to jump in the pool too. Just enough to say I did it, but it really is wonderful not to be connected to that chemo pump!

Have a wonderful weekend and remember....attitude is everything, so pick a good one!

No comments: