Friday, January 16, 2009

It's a beautiful day at the coast

Well I had my followup colonoscopy yesterday morning to check out the bleeding and the gastroeneterologist says it is nothing to worry about. Just a little tissue damage at the surgical site, but nothing really out of the ordinary. I told the nurses not to give me too much sedation because I had lots of plans for the day and I didn't want to be too out of it. I went to see the doctor on Wednesday for the consult, and they got me in on Thursday for the procedure! There are some perks to having cancer I guess. I sure get quick followup and medical care for everything.

My mother and I took off from the hospital for the Montara hostel. We are celebrating the end of chemo and the absence of cancer. We got the Watch Room, which is the nicest private room they have. We've got a wonderful view of the ocean from the bed and it is quiet, except for the waves crashing against the shore. The weather here is unusually warm! I woke up at 7:30 and went outside to sit by the lighthouse in my pajamas and wasn't cold. This place is magical.

School starts in less than 2 weeks, so I've got to get busy when I get back home, but for now I'm just going to enjoy being with my mother and relaxing at the ocean. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: