Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I know I haven't been on to update people lately but I've kind of been in limbo. I have finished the first stage of treatments and have slowly been building my energy back up. I was actually surprised at how wiped out I was from the chemo and radiation.

I spent last week in San Francisco and on the coast with my mother. It was a very laid back and lazy trip because I was still so very tired. It was such a nice place to relax though. I fell asleep a few times just sitting in a chair meditating and watching the waves crash against the rocks below.

This week I have been much better. I went and joined a new gym on Monday and have been enjoying working out on the treadmill as well as in the pool. I'm running out of time though to get back into shape before surgery.

I'm taking a mini vacation this weekend to go explore a couple state parks up in the Sierra Foothills with Chris. It has really been tough for me to go through the summer without several vacations planned. Oh well, life on life's terms and one day at a time is really how it has gone for me.

Next Tuesday, the 2nd, I have several doctor's appointments to prepare for surgery on the 5th. I've been getting very nervous the past few days about the surgery. I've never had any surgery this major and I am a little scared right now. I'm pretty confident though that I have a couple of great surgeons, as well as a great oncologist, so every thing should work out just fine.

Once the surgery is finished, I will be beginning chemo again, one week per month for the next four months and then I should be cancer free. Yippee.

I've got a very lite school schedule for the Fall semester and am hoping that the instructors are going to work with me with all of my medical issues.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

whirlygig said...

It is wonderful to hear from you and to know you are doing well, at least as well as can be under your circumstances. Take good care of yourself.

Unknown said...

Good luck Debi! Hope to see you back on your feet real soon. Jess I.